It’s Fibbing Friday and it has been a while with me taking a blogging break. My mum is joining in with this, so our answers are below.
For how to play, please see The Haunted Wordsmith blog post.
1. Why is there an ‘e’ on the end of toe but not potato?
My answer: Without the ‘e,’ you will chop off my toe!
Mum’s answer: Because toes are for sucking, potato for eating. That’s why.
2. What did the lettuce say to the rabbit?
My answer: Hug me and eat the carrot.
Mum’s answer: Eat me quick.
3. What is the best type of stick?
My answer: Whacking.
Mum’s answer: The one they hit your backside with.
4. Why are wheat crackers so tasty?
My answer: I don’t know. You either like them, or you don’t.
Mum’s answer: Because they have to be crackers to taste nice.
5. What happens at the rainbow factory on clear days?
My answer: Unicorns and fairies.
Mum’s answer: The rain decides to rest.
6. Which item of clothing is the most jealous?
My answer: Every item of clothing was jealous, but the undies, because no one came closer.
Mum’s answer: Green knickers, because there not on show.
7. How did a boat get in the middle of the desert?
My answer: It ran out of sea.
Mum’s answer: Because it decided it wanted a change.
8. What kind of dessert is best served in the desert?
My answer: I would love to say ice-cream, but I think I would get more than I bargained for. So it would have to be a cold drink that I could have with a lid on.
Mum’s answer: Sheep’s eyes.
9. What should an Englishman send an Australian for Christmas?
My answer: Snow.
Mum’s answer: Kangaroo.
10. What really happened in the Hellfire Caves?
My answer: First it was hot. Then it got steamy.
Mum’s answer: Spitting hell.
11. Why do ghosts exist?
My answer: Someone has to keep us on our toes.
Mum’s answer: They like to haunt you.
12. Where do everlasting gobstoppers come from?
My answer: From the land of quiet. Sshh!
Mum’s answer: Possibly from the sea.
13. Where do dreams come from?
My answer: I haven’t the foggiest.
Mum’s answer: From the deepest realm’s.